Saturday, June 13, 2009

Air Show

We went down to the Air Show on Sunday and it was the coolest thing I have ever seen. I loved it. We actually went on Saturday too (that was not the original plan we just sort of ended up there) but we had to leave before the Thunderbird Show so we decided to go back so we could see them and man am I glad we did. Jaxon loved the airplanes I thought that he would be scared because they are noisy, nope he just laughed and had a good ol time. He was following them in the sky and would point to them, he really enjoyed it. We tried to keep ear plugs in his ears but he was not liking that idea and he had other plans for them. Anyway the Thunderbird part was my very favorite!!! It was so cool, if you missed it you definitely need to go the next time they are here. They start the show off with a ceremony type thing and they have all the assistants come out and they do EVERYTHING in unison and it is all perfectly timed to music! Then they bring out the pilots and the assistants escort them to their plane. The pilots do everything in succession, starting with the first pilot down to the sixth. It was so cool. The tricks that they do were amazing. I about had a heart attack when they had two planes come flying towards each other at like a million miles an hour and they barely miss each other. Towards the end of the show they had to take a break because it started raining and the pilots could not see well enough but it cleared up and they were able to finish there show. It was such a fun day and I am so happy that we decided to go back!!!

1 comment:

shandikimille said...

wow that sounds like fun!